Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Christmas!

We spent Christmas in Washington with Nathan’s family this year. We decided to wait until we got there to tell everyone that I was pregnant. I was 16 weeks and was defiantly showing. The plan was to wait until someone said something and then act offended that I was being called fat.  We thought for sure that someone would say something within minutes of getting there but hours passed without anyone saying anything! Finally Nathan said “Does anyone notice something different about Stephanie?” His Dad yelled “Her hair!” but two others said “She’s Pregnant!” They had noticed but didn’t want to offend me… just in case I wasn’t! haha! Everyone made sooo many goodies while we were there that there was no point in trying to resist… and we had a delicious roast dinner and turkey dinner… I was glad I could call the extra belly bulge “baby” haha. 


We helped the kids make gingerbread houses... that kept falling over...

We went sledding with the kids and they LOVED it and wanted to go down the hill over and over again. Jayden wasn't at all afraid. 

We got pulled in a sled behind Uncle Kevin's Jeep (which was way more fun than pulling the kids up a hill over and over again.) And then we built an awesome snow fort... if I do say so myself.

Afterwards the kids warmed up with hot chocolate.

Us adults had alot of fun together too. We played lots of dance central, wrapped presents, put together bikes, and played games while the kids were in bed. Conner was super excited on Christmas Eve. He and Jayden got matching Batman jammies... neither one has ever had a preference what clothes I put on them and I’m not even sure that they know who Batman is… but for some reason they both LOVE their jammies!

They each got to open one present. It's a tradition that my family has that we've continued with our kids.
Conner’s big present this year was a green bike. No surprise there since he’d been asking and asking for one! He was even specific enough to include that it needed to have a bell. Jayden’s big present was a battery powered four wheeler.

His cousins also got bikes so all four kids has a blast riding their new bikes around in Nana’s big new basement.

I think the kids were more excited about the act of unwrapping presents than they were about the actual present. They would unwrap one toss it aside to grab another. They were more grateful for their presents once all the unwrapping was done. Some of the things that they got were puzzles, lots of DVD’s, sandbox toys, remote control cars, cash register, and lots more! I got spoiled by Nathan. I have been wanting a DSLR camera for a while now but have a hard time spending so much money on one so Nathan decided to just go ahead and get one for me…Yay! Now I just need to learn how to use it… Merry Christmas! 

1 comment:

Lena Gilbert said...

Cute pics, Steph! We had so much fun with you guys at Christmas, I'm glad you came. Lucy is still asking about Conner everyday. And I'll be shocked if its not a girl too!