Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Conner is 4!

Conner turned 4 on February 20th! I know I'm a bit late posting but it is better late than never! Trying to decide on what cake to make, I let Conner look through my Pinterest “party ideas” and he chose a John Deere tractor cake, that was way above my skill level, but we went with the tractor theme anyway! I made these invites for Conner’s little friends and his party was all that he could talk about!
 
Unfortunately, on the morning of his party he threw up while we were hanging decorations. The first words out of his mouth were “Mom, I still want to have my party.” But the flu had been going around and we didn’t want to share germs so we had to cancel. I felt so bad because he had been so excited to have his friends over. But I still made him a cake and we had a little family party instead.

We let Conner open most of the presents that we got for him. It was so cute how grateful he was for the gifts. He kept saying "Thanks so much Mom and Dad!" after each one that he opened. It was so sweet!
That weekend my family came into town for another party for Conner. We were able to play all of the games that we had planned for his "friend party" with his cousins. The kids loved the piƱata… what’s not to love…getting to break things and have candy fly all over the room? And we had a treasure hunt, which was Conner’s favorite part, and he has been obsessed with creating treasure hunts all over the house since…. (for a future post) We had a baked potato bar for dinner a.k.a. “Farm-Grown Idaho Spuds” to go with the theme.
 






After we sang “Happy Birthday” to Conner, all of his cousins wanted to help blow out his candles but were held back. So we sang a second time and let all of the kids help him blow out the candles!
As usual, Conner got spoiled with lots of gifts. I’m blogging about this last but we actually opened presents first, immediately after everyone got to our house, because Conner was super excited! A couple of weeks ago, my Mom bought Conner “Peter Pan” and he has been obsessed with it and has been quite into pirates. So for his birthday my Mom got him a treasure chest and pirate ensemble, which has been quite the hit.
We love our sweet 4 year old and can’t believe that he is growing up so fast! He is so smart and amazes me with the questions he asks and the things that he catches onto!

No comments: