Monday, October 17, 2011

It's Times Like These...

…that show me that Conner really does love his little brother. Even though he steals toys from him on a daily basis and often tells Jayden “stop talkin to me!” I know that Conner loves Jayden and will be a good big brother. I have told Conner lots of times that if he doesn’t hurry and pick up his toys that they will get vacuumed up… and it works about half of the time! Today when I got out the vacuum he yells “Oh no my colored pencils!” and hurries and picks them up. Jayden was still lying on the living room floor and Conner yells “Mommy don’t vacuum up baby Jayden!” I tell him “He better hurry and move out of the way so he doesn’t get vacuumed up huh?” At that Conner got really upset and told me “Mommy put Jayden on the couch! Don’t vacuum him up!” and tries as hard as he can to pick Jayden up. When he couldn’t lift him he almost started crying. I told him “Mommy is just being silly. I would never vacuum Jayden up, I love him too much.” With tears in his eyes he says “Mommy bein silly!” and starts laughing like he knew it was a joke all along! I love that he was so concerned about his little brother! I guess I can see why Conner thought that Jayden was too cute to vacuum up! :)

2 comments:

Victoria Gilbert said...

Aww poor kid thinking his baby was being vacuumed up! Mean mommy. J/K LOL! Reminds me telling my kids they'd better hurry and get out of the tub or they'll go down the drain after I unplug the bath. I've never seen Josh move so fast to throw his bath toys out and then leap out himself when he was Conner's age... self sacrificing to safe his rubber ducks. Oh man, we are bad! haha :)

Bert & Hailey said...

Hi Stephanie, what cute boys you have!