Thursday, October 27, 2011

Fall Festivities

While it was still warm outside we took Conner to the little corn maze that they have here in town. Conner had SO much fun! He would randomly start running while yelling “Monsters are coming!” and we would all have to run to get away. We let him choose which way we would go and whenever there was a fork in the path he always chose left... luckily the maze was pretty small so we eventually found our way out. Outside of the maze was a little fire with hay bales around it. Conner insisted on sitting by the fire for fifteen minutes. We kept asking “Can we go yet?” and he would say “Nope, not yet. I still watching the fire.”

Me and Conner hiding in the corn... getting ready to scare Daddy and Jayden!

Jayden loved it too... he pretty much loves going anywhere in the front pack. He giggled and smiled the whole way.



Nathan and Jayden climbing a corn stalk…?



The best part about the corn maze… all you can eat corn!
In the spirit of the season we got a couple of pumpkins to carve. Conner requested that Nathan carve a spider in his and of course he did... being the nice Daddy that he is. When I asked Conner to stick his hand into the pumpkin he told me “I can’t Mom, it too scary. Monsters in there.” (Apparantly monsters are out to get us...)We finally convinced him to help out but he wasn’t super excited about getting his hands all gooey. He told me “It too weird.” Haha!After cleaning my pumpkin and starting to carve my bat Conner and I ditched the project to make Halloween shaped rice krispie treats instead! Nathan was nice enough to finish mine for me! They turned out awesome but I can’t take much credit for them!

3 comments:

Victoria Gilbert said...

Whoa those pumpkins look pretty complicated. Our carving knife broke 1/2 way through my pumpkin carving. I love your pictures! You guys look like you had a lot of fun, and the boys are so cute!

Krista said...

Impressive pumpkins! Kambria wanted no part in the cleaning of the pumpkins because they smelled "disgusting". haha. Although I have to say I agree with her. :)

Mandy said...

Love your Bat. It fits you "batty" lady! :) Just so you know... state fairs and pumpkin patches are better when we're with you guys!