Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Island Park and a Happy 6 Years!


Saturday was Nathan and I’s anniversary… 6 years! It is crazy how fast time flies! We celebrated by going to Idaho Falls and having my Mom babysit our kids while we went out on a date. We were planning on dinner and a movie but after eating a late dinner we decided we were too tired to go to a late movie and called it a night… proof that we are getting old!


The next morning we drove up to Island Park with my family for a fun weekend at the cabin. It had been over a year since the last time I went up so I really wanted to go. We were worried that it would be too cold but it was actually a really nice weekend. As tradition called for, we went and fed the fish. Conner thought that it was great and would throw whole hoagie buns in at a time and then acted surprised when we ran out of bread really fast. Haha.
I wanted to take a picture of Jason and Laura jumping on the bridge but after three tries this is the most Jason got off of the bridge.. a whole inch! :)


We went shooting but we didn’t bring anything to shoot at. We considered having Teresa be a moving target but we decided to make use of the snow and made snowballs to shoot at instead!... lucky for Teresa!
After posing for this picture Teresa asked “I don’t really have to shoot it do I?” We didn’t let her get off that easy! If you are going to pose with the gun you gotta shoot it! Conner and Kynzee LOVE each other and play so well together. While they were downstairs playing fooseball by themselves Alissa and I hid and listened to them talk. It was so funny to hear their conversation.
Kynzee: “Conner help me.”
Conner: “I can’t Kynzee I not strong!”
Jayden and Kayden being their super cute selves! They are both such happy easy going babies. They are going to be best buddies… I just know it!



It was even warm enough to hang outside for a while while we had a fire and roasted hot dogs and made smores. It was Laura's first time ever roasting a marshmallow because they don't have them in Paraguay... that alone makes the trip to the U.S. worth it! :)We had such a great time! We will be spending Christmas up at the cabin too but by then there will be a WHOLE LOT of snow!Happy Anniversary Nathan! You are my best friend and I love you so much! Thanks for an amazing six years! :)

1 comment:

Scott+Kimber+Ruby=Scimby said...

That bridge/jumping picture cracks me up....with all that slush to land on (and if you're me, FALL on) I wouldn't be jumping too high either! It reminded me of our jumping picture on the brindge in Spokane! I love that story of Kynz and Conner talking to eachother, so cute!!!