Sunday, July 12, 2009

Birdie Friends

We have a deck outside of our apartment here in Twin and one day we noticed a swallow building a nest above our deck light. I was excited because I love baby animals and it was like having my own pet birds! Nathan wanted to tear it down before the bird laid any eggs because he was worried that that it would get protective and would attack us when we went outside, but don't worry I wouldn't let him do it! The eggs hatched at the end of June and here are the cute little birdies peeking out of the nest.



You can see their fuzzy little heads to which Conner bears a striking resemblance...

People are always commenting on his crazy hair. Quite a few random people have come up to us and said "I love his hair, it's just like a baby chick!" I was like "Hmmm a chick?" I never really saw the birdlike resemblance until now.


Anyways... I have been able to watch the birds out of my bedroom window and Nathan always makes fun of me and thinks I am a nerd but it has been so much fun!

We let our cat Patches go out on the deck (she doesn't ever even try to run away like she did back in Rexburg!) and she usually runs back inside after a few minutes because the birds scare her...it is pretty funny that she is such a scaredy cat!

Here are the birds all grown up right before they left the nest... it only took them a couple of weeks from the time they were hatched!


It was fun while it lasted but as you can see lots of birds equals lots of bird poopie....


6 comments:

Sefhazem and Pagerbeep said...

How funny!!! I know what you mean though, I adore baby animals. Especially little birdies. So, you are living in Twin? What's going on down there?

Whitney R said...

I love conners fuzzy chick hair! And I love the last picture of the birdies all their heads looking at you. haha, I would be excited about it too! I keep trying to find ducks and their babies, but I don't know where they go! Jaren saw a racoon with her little racoon babies and I was so jealous.

The Hatch family said...

i cant beleive how big our birdie friends got! they just grow up so fast! :) haha! miss you! cant wait for monday!

Whitney said...

That post was hilarious! Love Conner's hair. He's so big!! I haven't seen you or him forever. I'm excited your coming to visit soon. Shawn and I need to come some weekend and visit you guys. Maybe sometime in August before I start babysitting again. I will let ya know!

Victoria Gilbert said...

aww birdies!!! that's fun that you were able to watch them up till the left the nest, and Patches never caught any.... lucky, cause our kitty Tucker caught about 5 birds this month... 2 of them were only 10 minutes apart, and the kids were standing there watching both times when it happened!

Connor's hair is so cute and fuzzy... you're right he does look like a little chick :)

Anonymous said...

I love baby animals. There's a nest outside my parents house and Connor loves to point them out and says "babies eat". We've tried to show him when the mom comes and brings food. Conner is getting really big I love his hair it's so funny.