Thursday, March 3, 2011

Conner at Two!

Conner is growing up way too fast… It is crazy that he is already two! I definitely think that so far this has been the most difficult age because he has such an opinion but it is also so much fun because he understands so much and he is getting really good at communicating with us. For the sake of journaling here are a few things that he is doing right now:

  • He knows his colors really well and is obsessed with naming off the colors of random things.
  • He is learning his shapes. He knows star, circle (he usually says “round”), square, and triangle.
  • He likes us to sing him the alphabet and show him each letter. He knows O, S, W, and Y.
  • He likes to count objects when there is more than one of something. (He usually skips 4 though…)
  • Every night, after I lay him in bed, he waves and blows me kisses until I close his bedroom door.
  • He loves to color and play playdoh. (He has to tell me the color of each crayon and each can of playdoh.)
  • He loves to sing, especially songs with hand motions. (His current favorites are “Wheels on the Bus”, “I Like to Eat Apples and Bananas”, and “The ABC Song.”)
  • His favorite show is still Dora and he would watch it all day long if I would let him.
  • He randomly walks up to the hamster cage and says “oh cute!”
  • When he asks for something and I give it to him he usually says “Thank you mama.” And I don’t even have to ask!
  • He is a VERY particular child. He gets upset if I put his black shoes on him when he wants to wear the “white ones.” He will not go to sleep if he is not wearing socks. He gets upset if I do something when it was “Conner’s turn” to do it. He won’t color with broken crayons. He will not take his sippy from Dad when it was “mama’s turn” to fill it up. I could go on and on… I once complained to my Mom about this and she told me that I was the same way. I guess that is what I get! Haha!
  • He is such a story teller. He will tell Nathan and me about things that happened during the day.
  • He LOVES to be my little helper. He feels so important when I ask him to do little jobs for me. It is his official duty to get more toilet paper when a bathroom runs out… and he is very proud of himself afterwards.
  • He insists on saying the prayer every night. It usually consists of “mama, dada, papa, Conner, dada, mama, Conner, Amen!” He will occasionally throw other random people in there.
  • Whenever I am doing something that makes a loud noise or when he hears something fall he asks “Okay mama?”
  • Occasionally he will ask “hand?” and will just want to hold my hand while he drinks his sippy or watches t.v. Love it!

Conner is always making us smile and we couldn’t imagine our life without our crazy little boy! I think that the best way to describe his personality is like the commercials for Sour Patch Kids candy…. which I happen to think are pretty funny... “They are sour and then they are sweet.” He can be naughty but then he is so sweet that you can’t stay mad at him very long! We love him sooo so much!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If Conner likes songs with hand motions you'll need to have Grandma or Chantile teach you Leo the Lion. It is awesome and will be his favorite.

Whitney said...

I can't believe he's two! He is so cute. I love his smile. I hope you are doing well and not getting to uncomfortable. :) Not to much longer! I can't wait to see him! Miss you!