Sunday, February 6, 2011

New Pets!

Nathan has had a fish tank for most of the time that we’ve been married and I’ve always told him that fish are the lamest pets. His tank was down to two fish so we went to the pet store to buy him more and while we were there I convinced him to put hamsters in the tank instead! That meant flushing his two fish… I thought that it might make Conner sad (he loves the fish!) but he just flushed the toilet, waved, said “bye bye fishies!”, and walked out of the bathroom.

I named my little hamster Gus Gus, from Cinderella… I know that Gus Gus is a mouse in the show but close enough right? Isn’t he a cute little furball?
Nathan named his Skelator, from He-man… good thing he isn’t solely responsible for naming our children!
We got a ball for them to run around in. I wondered how long it would take for Conner to kick it… two seconds! I have a feeling that Conner is going to greatly decrease their life expectancy…

Conner is going to be two years old in just two weeks… he’s not my little baby anymore! I’m a little worried what the “terrible twos” will bring. Conner is already a busy body who loves mischief and definitely has a mind of his own!

Getting into Mommy’s mascara… (Most of it is on his eyelids.)
Getting into the sticky labels...
I love this bath picture because it shows his silly little personality. Lately Conner has been really interested in learning his colors. Some days he knows them really well and gets them all right but some days he thinks everything is blue... either way we think he is pretty bright! I have a video of him coloring and naming the colors of the crayons but for some reason I can NOT get any videos to load!

Conner also is learning to count. We will hear him counting his toys as he is playing with them. Usually it is "One, Two, Three, One, Two, Three..." over and over again but lately he has been counting further. I got a video of him counting all the way to fourteen! But once again it won’t load so you’ll just have to believe me. :)

2 comments:

Nana said...

Those are really cute hamsters, but Conner is the cutest. Just don't let him feed the hamsters cheerios, Nathan should remember his hamster and cheerios...

Mandy said...

These are so funny! Does he say Bye fishies to other things being flushed too? Just teasing! Happpy 2nd Birthday to the little guy! We miss you guys!!