Friday, January 15, 2010

Happy Birthday Nathan!

Nathan's 27th birthday was on Tuesday and we celebrated it in Idaho Falls with my family the weekend before. My Mom made him his favorite cake and got him his favorite ice cream. Here he is blowing out his many many candles.
Then my Mom babysat Conner so we could go on a date to the movie Avatar in 3D. Here is Conner looking cool in Nathan's 3D glasses. :)

Besides giving Nathan a new house, I got Nathan a hoodie from American Eagle (which looked very good on him... gosh he looks good considering his old age) and lots of goodies (that I ate most of...). Conner wrote his Dad a very heartfelt letter (although I had to interpret the scribbles for him) and allowed him to have the day off of diaper duty.
On Tuesday night we went and ate at a Mexican restaurant. We always joke that he only gets to eat Mexican one time a year because I don't like it! Oh I love Fiesta Ole and any american version of mexican but the real authentic stuff...not so much!

Despite the food we had a fun day. :) Here is our attempt at a family picture...

2 comments:

Whitney R said...

I love the pictures! Especially the one with Nathan and Conner. That is probably the best smile I've seen Nathan do. Frame it! :)

And if Nathan is old... Jaren is.. uhhh.. older? I was going to say ancient, but a year older isn't too much of a difference, huh.

Looks like you guys had a great time :) Did you like Avatar?

I'm so excited for you guys to get into your house!

Happy Birthday Nathan!! (I'm going to bring something when I come up next time... whenever that is)

Whitney said...

You crack me up! I thought you didn't mind Cafe Rio after we ate there. That's much better then fiesta poo poo!! :) When do you guys move into your house? Tell Nathan happy belated birthday from me!! Hopefully I will get to see you soon.