Friday, July 8, 2011

Jayden's Blessing Day




We blessed Jayden the last Sunday in June. He looked so cute wearing the same blessing outfit that Conner wore when he was blessed! (I figured that girls want to have their own blessing dress but as boys Conner and Jayden wouldn't mind...)

Nathan gave Jayden a wonderful blessing and I'm so thankful that I have a husband who is a worthy priesthood holder and loves his kids so much.

As great as it was to bless our sweet little boy, the rest of the day wasn't that much fun! (a bit of an understatement!) Shortly after the blessing I started feeling really nauseous... I hadn't had time to eat breakfast and I thought that maybe that was the reason... but then I started having pain in my lower abdomen and in my right kidney (I knew EXACTLY where my kidney was from when I last had kidney stones!) The pain kept getting worse so I finally left sacrament meeting and Nathan took me to the hospital. We were REALLY bummed because we had a bunch of family in town for the blessing and we wouldn't even be able to eat with them! But the pain was SO bad... I would much rather give birth to ten kids then go through that again! I got some much needed drugs and after verifying that I was NOT pregnant (whew!) I had a CAT scan. They found that I had a 5 mm stone in the right ureter tube. They said that there was a 75% chance that it would pass on its own and that if it didn't they would blast it. They gave me the option of either staying in the hospital until it passed or going home with some strong pain killers and nausea medication. We were anxious to get out of the hospital because A) it was FREEZING in there! B) I was STARVING... I hadn't eating anything all day! They wouldn't let me because they were worried that I might need surgery. and C) we were bored out of our minds! When we finally got home everyone except for my Mom had already left... we were sad that we didn't get to see everyone for very long. I thought "Why couldn't this have happened ANY other day!" I didn't get hardly any pictures of Jayden because we were going to take them after church. But I do have to say that we were lucky that it happened AFTER the blessing instead of the night before or the morning of... thank you Heavenly Father! But the stone has since passed and I will have another follow -up appointment with the urologist to find out why in the heck I am getting these kidney stones... this is the second time in 3 months! They also saw on the CAT scan that there were 3 more small stones in my kidney but they said they are small enough that they shouldn't even hurt. The urologist said that I may be a "stone maker" and will continue to have them the rest of my life... NOT cool! He also thought that it’s possible that these stones were pregnancy related... so I may get them every pregnancy?! Either way the news is not too good... for me OR the pocketbook!

On a happier note... isn't this the cutest kid you ever did see?


Sorry your blessing day didn't get to be all about you Jayden! We love you so much!

1 comment:

Victoria Gilbert said...

I'm so sorry Steph!!! It's horrible that you are getting these so often. Hopefully you won't get any more! Sad it was that one day, but you're right about it being lucky that it was after the blessing! Jayden is beautiful! We can't wait to meet him in only a month!