Friday, June 4, 2010

Memorial Weekend

We spent our memorial weekend in Washington. Nathan's wonderful Grandma Gilbert passed away and her funeral was on Saturday. Although it all was very sad it was great to see so much family and we managed to have some fun too. On Monday we spent the day playing in Spokane with Nathan's brother and his wife. My sister-in-law Lena's parents were so nice to take our kids for the entire day! We did ALOT of shopping and spent WAY too much money! Since the boys let us shop so much we let them go go kart racing. We finished up our day eating a P.F Changs...my absolute favorite! Conner had some fun too...Here he is enjoying a bath with his cousins. I thought he would be scared with other kids in the tub but nope he loved it!

His cousins also had a blow up bouncy house that Conner liked jumping around and screaming in. If he was a little older I think he would be begging for one too!

On the drive home Conner did great! He slept 5 of the 7 hours so we were pretty grateful! We spent so much time in the car last weekend that I taught him how to sign "more" when he wants another snack...maybe I should teach him a new trick on every long car ride instead of putting on a movie for him like usual...haha!

1 comment:

Whitney said...

That's so sad about Nathan's Grandma. I'm glad you still had some fun while you were there though. You are so lucky Conner travels so well. He needs to come teach Brynlee! She isn't so great in that area. :) I miss you! When are you coming to visit?